Housed in a former military garrison, the Cassero museum is entirely dedicated to nineteenth- and twentieth-century sculpture.
It comprises hundreds of works donated by private individuals and holds valuable documents in its archives.
The ground floor displays large sculptures, while the first floor has sections dedicated to local artists Ernesto Galeffi (1917–1986) — with sculptures, paintings and drawings that previously comprised a separate museum — and Pietro Guerri (1865–1936). The second floor is given over to the work of two sculptors from the Lombardy and Piedmont area, Michelangelo Monti (1875-1946) and Timo Bortolotti (1884-1954).
Among other bequests are those of Mario Bini, Donatella (Dodi) Bortolotti, Odo Franceschi and Arturo Stagliano.
The Cassero also has a lively programme of exhibitions and a specialist education programme.
Via Trieste 1, Montevarchi Sede Espositiva Ernesto Galeffi Via ammiraglio Burzagli 43, Montevarchi Tel. (+39) 055 9108272-4 www.ilcasseroperlascultura.it email@example.com