This corporate museum was opened by the Fondazione Vittoriano Bitossi in 2003 to document the history of twentieth-century ceramics (particularly the second half of the century), based on the production of the Bitossi factory.
The 200 pieces in the collection are housed in two rooms of the historic building, which was the first home of Manifattura Maioliche Artistiche founded by Guido Bitossi in 1921. The pieces were mainly chosen to illustrate the evolution of the company’s style together with the instruments and equipment used in the workshop.
The museum organizes exhibitions about architects and designers who have collaborated with the company as well as solo exhibitions relating to an individual artist or ceramic manufacturer.
The museum is next door to the Bitossi archives, the Manifattura ITALICA ARS archives and the Aldo Londi archives. Londi was the creative director of the company for many years during which time he also changed the style of their ceramics.
Via A. Gramsci 12/14, Montelupo Fiorentino Tel. (+39) 0571 51033 www.fondazionevittorianobitossi.it email@example.com