The collection comprises 266 works of art, mainly drawings and engravings, and documentation relating to the activities of La Colonna gallery in Milan.
In 2013 the heirs of the founder, Renata Usiglio, gave the Comune of Pelagio the use of the collection in a loan-for-use agreement. The collection is entirely dedicated to Italian realism of the 1950s, a movement that found in Usiglio a fundamental point of reference for more than ten years, from 1951 until 1962 when the gallery closed.
These works of art were the result of the network of friendships that the gallery owner skilfully wove around herself, with artists such as Renato Guttuso (16 paintings and drawings), Giacomo Manzù, Xavier Bueno, Domenico Cantatore, Carlo Levi, Aligi Sassu and Arnaldo Badodi.
Piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, Pelago www.comune.pelago.fi.it email@example.com