CENTRO ARTI PLASTICHE
The Centro di Arti Plastiche is located in the former convent complex of San Francesco, which was ceded to the city of Carrara in 1868.
The present building is the fruit of a series of interventions required to transform the convent into a museum and temporary exhibition space for sculpture. The permanent exhibit allows visitors to appreciate the city’s contemporary art collection, created through acquisitions for the Biennali Internazionali di Scultura in Carrara from 1957 to 1973 and again after 2006 as well as others from the Disegnare il marmo exhibit in 2004.
The display features sculptures by Alberto Viani, Oscar Gallo, Luciano Minguzzi, Agenore Fabbri, Lynn Chaadwick, Kenneth Armitage, Marcello Mascherini, Giuliano Vangi, Mirko Basaldella, Aldo Mondino, Eliseo Mattiacci, Gigi Guadagnucci, and Marco Bagnoli.
Temporary sculpture exhibits add their dynamism to the institute.
PASS ENTITLES HOLDER TO DISCOUNT ON PRICE OF ADMISSION
Via Canal del Rio, Carrara Tel. (+39) 0585 779681 www.comune.carrara.ms.gov.it www.aptmassacarrara.it/scopri/musei/centro_arti_plastiche.aspx firstname.lastname@example.org